Hello there, everyone!
Today, I was mostly working on mundane coding tasks and didn't learn new exciting stuff. I'm not complaining because I was still productive. I spent most of the time adding Contact sections at the bottom of each page of my website, to reduce the number of broken links. Another thing I did was refactoring and reducing redundant code. Finally, I worked on a reusable hero banner component, because the design is mostly the same for each section, with only the text and image being different.
Another thing I'd like to share is that my free Ghost plan died on me from running out of memory (JawsDB only gave me free 5MB).
Anyway, let's move on to my daily report!
I learned about OpenGraph and its Twitter equivalent, and used
next-seo to make my work easier. I also made temporary placeholder sections.
Here are the things I learned and worked on today:
- added a Contact section at the bottom of each page.
- refactor code to be more DRY and remove redundant code.
- in the middle of creating a reusable hero banner component.
- troubleshooting why the Ghost content management wouldn't work.
- I did some practice flashcards for Scrum.
- reviewed some of the things I've learned before.
Thank you for reading! I wish you the best.
This is not a guide, it is just me sharing my experiences and learnings. This post only expresses my thoughts and opinions (based on my limited knowledge) and is in no way a substitute for actual references. If I ever make a mistake or if you disagree, I would appreciate corrections in the comments!
Feel free to reach out to me in other media!