Happy Sunday, everyone!
Today, I managed to finish deploying the prototype of my business' web development blog. I'm fairly pleased with how it came out! That might be an understatement, because this is one of the projects I really cared about.
I also wrote down my initial plan for things to work on this week, particularly things I need to do for the blog site.
Anyway, let's move on to my daily report!
Just like I do every weekend, I did my 9th Weekly Sprint Review and Retrospective, in which I went over what I've managed to do well, what my shortcomings were, and what I could do better in the future.
I set up my weekly Sprint Goals, which will focus on my professional blog's deployment, bug fixes, and enhancements.
- deploy the first prototype/MVP of the Rammina company site's blog.
- fix any bugs that arise, both pre-deployment and after deployment to production.
- use proper meta-tags for better SEO, most likely will utilize next-seo to make this easier.
- add tags functionality for each blog post to make it easier to categorize.
- add lazy loading and infinite scrolling for all blog posts page (so data that is loaded by batches to reduce build time).
- add pages for different users and authors.
- allow registered users to comment on blog posts (going to use Disqus).
- add quality-of-life features:
- filtering by tags
- search functionality
- sort blog posts and authors
- add share on social media button (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) for each blog post.
- improve website performance.
- continue to learn more about Scrum again.
- keep reviewing the Scrum guide, Scrum flashcards, and other resources.
Have a great week, everyone!
Thank you for reading! I hope everyone's doing well.
- next/head | Next.js
- next-seo | GitHub
- Rendering Strategies | Next.js
- The 2020 Scrum Guide
- Mikhail Lapshin's Scrum Quizzes
This is not a guide, it is just me sharing my experiences and learnings. This post only expresses my thoughts and opinions (based on my limited knowledge) and is in no way a substitute for actual references. If I ever make a mistake or if you disagree, I would appreciate corrections in the comments!
Feel free to reach out to me in other media!