Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- Kyma Release 2.11 by Zhoujing Wang
- Automating SAP BTP setup with Terraform – A workaround for Global Account, Directories and Subaccounts with btp CLI by Mauricio Lauffer
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Samples for Azure Functions and Open Telemetry on GitHub by Martin Thwaites
- What's new in Azure Functions? | Azure Functions Community Standup - wrap up of last year and some things about Pythons new programming model, I was a bit underwhelmed by the session.
- Local Development in Static Web Apps: SWA CLI | Azure Static Web Apps Community Standup
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- How to upgrade your local Dapr runtime and CLI by Marc Duiker
- Dapr 1.10 release highlights by Marc Duiker (no surprise that workflows are his highlight 😁)
- Cloud-Native Microservices: On-Premises oder in der Cloud – mit Dapr by Christian Weyer
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- GitHub Issues & Projects – February 23rd update
- No more waitlist – code search and code view are available to all in public beta
- Integrate Azure Load Testing into GitHub Actions
- Hardware accelerated Android virtualization on Actions Linux larger hosted runners
- Responsible AI pair programming with GitHub Copilot by Colin Dembovsky
- Codespaces support for JetBrains Rider (Beta)
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Deploy your mission-critical workload in an Azure landing zone | Azure Friday by Hansjoerg Scherer and Scott Hanselman
- State of the Azure SDK 2023
It is pedal to to the metal for the Azure Developers channel - nearly too many community standups that happened this month:
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- Better Together: Dynamics 365 CRM & SAP — Part 3 by James Wood - the story continues
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #132 - The one with a Hands-on workshop integrating SAP and Microsoft
- and the GitHub repository for the DSAG ABAP Developer Days by Martin Pankraz
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- The Biggest Cloud Native Strategy Mistake by Ian Miell - so worth reading
- Event-Driven Architectures vs. Event-Based Compute in Serverless Applications by Alex DeBrie
- Short: Domain-driven Design: nur vernünftige Software-Entwicklung? by Eberhard Wolff
- Domain-driven Design: nur vernünftige Software-Entwicklung? by Eberhard Wolff
On sickness leave as far as I have seen - get well soon!
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Improve productivity through incremental automation by Jess Pomfret
- A beginner’s guide to learning to code with GitHub Codespaces
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!