Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- How to use Embedded Steampunk in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition and in on-premise – The new ABAP extensibility guide
- Kyma OS 2.8
- Reference sample for extending SAP Sales Cloud with Kyma runtime
- WiWo - SAP hat seinen Tiefpunkt überwunden. Oder?
- Manager Maganzin - SAP beendet Russland-Geschäft offenbar doch nicht bis Jahresende
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Creating PDFs in C# with Azure Functions
- Transactional Outbox Pattern with Azure Functions and Cosmos DB
- Azure Functions OpenAPI on Root
- A walkthrough of Durable Entities
- Azure Functions and Go - interesting tweet
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Announcing Azure CNI Powered by Cilium
- Azure Confidential Computing with Confidential VMs and AKS nodes | Azure Friday
- New hybrid deployment options for AKS clusters from cloud to edge, enabled by Azure Arc
- Introducing Azure Monitor managed service for Prometheus
- Grafana and Cilium: Deep eBPF-powered observability for Kubernetes and cloud native infrastructure
- CNCF Wasm microsurvey: a transformative technology, yes, but time to get serious
- YouTube Playlist DaprCon 2022
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- CodeQL code scanning now supports customizing build configurations for Go analysis
- Secret scanning now stores encrypted secrets
- Why we’re excited about the Sigstore general availability
- Improved account recovery flow in case of a lost 2FA device
- Dependabot updates support for the Python PEP 621 standard
- Why and how GitHub encrypts sensitive database columns using ActiveRecord::Encryption
- The GitHub Enterprise Server 3.7 Release Candidate is available
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Advanced Microsoft Authenticator security features are now generally available!
- Microsoft’s GitHub is relying more on Azure, says cloud chief
- Azure Orphan Resources ... or do you even do FinOps
- Spickzettel zu den Themen 5G und Azure Private MEC
- New version of Azure Developer CLI
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- New SAP events on Azure Event Grid
- Munich Re gains speed and performance with SAP on Azure to drive innovation
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #116 - The one with Sustainability aspects with Microsoft (Paul Edlund)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Twitter Thread on hey leaving the cloud - I love it
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation Reveals 2022 Community Awards Winners - maybe some folks worth to follow and learn
- INNOQ Technology Night: Data Mesh und DDD - Recording
And heads up for upcoming events:
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
- Node.js 19: Das neue ASP.NET? // deutsch
- Golo Roden wird Solution Architect bei der Rhomberg Sersa Rail Group (RSRG) // deutsch - first video of the new format #jobTalk; this gives you a good impression of what this format is about.
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- 3 strategies for consolidating your toolkit and boosting productivity
- The impact of culture on code
- Available today: Windows Dev Kit 2023 aka Project Volterra - it's not that I ned it, but I want to have it :-)
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!