Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Preview Binding to Cosmos DB SDK types in .NET Isolated
- Ohpen transforms core banking with cloud native services on AWS - Benelux Cloud Adventures - Interesting to see this in a regulated industry like Banking
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- This Month in Azure Container Apps: March/April 2023 by Anthony Chu
- Azure Container Apps Announces New Pricing Plan and Enhanced Networking by Mike Morton
- And the fitting community call: Big Announcements for Azure Container Apps | Azure Container Apps Community Standup
- Using Azure Container Apps at scale instead of your building your own NaaS on top of K8s? by Dennis Zielke
- Dapr extension for AKS is available in 7 new regions by Hannah Hunter
- Kubernetes v1.27: Chill Vibes
- Sample for Dapr pluggable components: Dapr pluggable Supabase state store component by Marc Duiker
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Repository topics and team filters for enterprise-level Dependabot, secret scanning, and code scanning pages
- Code scanning default setup is available for Go
- Secret scanning now shows metadata for active GitHub tokens
- Ensuring compliance in developer workflows by Shaker Gilbert and Kevin Alwell
- GitHub Action Workflow hashicorp/setup-terraform@v2 ERROR: Please run ‘az login’ to setup accountGitHub Action Workflow hashicorp/setup-terraform@v2 error: by Thomas Thornton
- Using GitHub Actions variables as Terraform variables by Thomas Thornton
- Manage caches in your Actions workflows from Web Interface
- Webhook forwarding in the GitHub CLI
- GitHub Accelerator: our first cohort and what’s next by Kara Sowles
Interested in some news from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- FinOps toolkit ... did you know that?
- How to get started with Azure Chaos Studio by Philip Welz
- Data API builder - What's New in 0.6.13
And ... the monthly Azure Developer CLI release is out:
- Azure Developer CLI (azd) – April 2023 Release
- 0.8.0-beta.1 - Release Notes - special attention for Terraform user, this IaC provider is now an alpha feature!
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- SAP CDC Connector and SLT - Part 3 - Let's get that data! by Bartosz Jarkowski
- Power Platform + SAP - Calling "Remote Function Call" (RFC) in SAP by Holger Bruchelt
- SAP Private Link in Action: How FrieslandCampina safeguards their integration flows with Azure Storage Account by Harutyun Ter-Minasyan
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #139 - The one with the Power Platform & SAP Roadshow (Mahesh Iyer & Marlene Willersinn)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Software Architecture and Design InfoQ Trends Report - April 2023
- CNCF Cloud Native Maturity Model - I think the maturity model from Container solutions is a bit easier to digest, but this is definitely feasibly complementing it.
- Cloud Native: Was und warum? by Eberhard Wolff
- WASM, WASI, WTF? WebAssembly 101 – for .NET developers by Christian Weyer
And heads up for upcoming events:
- Microsoft Build - session catalog is out!
- Registration is open for the Global Azure 2023 Community Day in Munich
Golo is on well deserved vacation 🌴
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- How enabling developers can help drive financial inclusion by Mark Paulsen
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!