Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform.
And here some links from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- Long awaited: Custom platform IdP support for feature set B released!
- Why do I as a developer embrace low-code?
- Web Scokets with SAP BTP CF
- SAP reports its Q2 2022 - A snap Analysis
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Layla Porter - Azure Functions: a guide to getting started - NDC London 2022
- Deploy Azure Static Web Apps using Python
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Azure Kubernetes Services Tools extension in VS Code | Azure Friday
- Performance Matters for Service Mesh
- How At-Bay improved operations with Dapr
- KEDA - Introduce carbon aware scaler
- Enlightning - What Is Argo CD?
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
Attention: Security leak see here
- GitHub Availability Report: July 2022
- Commit comments no longer appear in the pull request timeline
- Debugging CodeQL analysis in code scanning made easier by obtaining detailed logs and debugging artifacts from the CodeQL Action
- Introducing the new npm Dependency Selector Syntax
- REST API now available for the organization-level security manager role (Public Beta)
- 5 simple things you can do with GitHub Packages to level up your workflows
- Manage and maintain GitHub with Terraform
- Auto generate documentation from Terraform modules
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Well-Architected Go-Live now available on the Microsoft Assessment Platform
- Hydrogen fuel cells could provide emission free backup power at datacenters, Microsoft says
- For the .NET developers: Nick Chapsas - Goodbye controllers, hello Minimal APIs - NDC London 2022
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- How to build a simple Go HTTP REST server with the Gin Framework ?
- Build a Dynamic Image (Sticker) Generator with Azure
- Exam Study Guide: SC-100 - Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect Expert
- Data Mesh — A Data Movement and Processing Platform @ Netflix
Summer Break (well deserved!)
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Go 1.19 is here - Release Notes
- VSCode Extension: GitHub Issue Notebooks
- Windows Package Manager 1.3
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!