Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Unfortunately not oo many news from the SAP side of the house, but something for SAP developers working on Macs
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- A couple of small but useful improvements in Node.js Azure Functions and Azure Static Web Apps
- Announcing GA launch of Kafka Trigger extension on Azure Functions
- Create your first durable function in Java (Preview)
- New API backend options in Azure Static Web Apps
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Azure Tips and Tricks - How to get started with Azure Container Apps
- A blue-green deployment with Argo Rollouts and Kustomize
- How eBPF Streamlines the Service Mesh
- Jumpstart Azure Arc
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- GitHub Copilot is now available to individual developers
- New Octokit.js release with support for 91 new APIs
- The new GitHub Issues – June 16th update
- View code scanning alerts across your enterprise (Public Beta)
- Secret scanning’s REST API endpoints now support cursor-based pagination
- SendGrid is now a GitHub secret scanning partner
- Creating a more comprehensive dependency graph with build time detection
- Browse the Activity Feed on GitHub Mobile
- New issue close states in GitHub app for Slack and Microsoft Teams
- Removing support for connecting to GitHub Enterprise Server 3.0 from GitHub Mobile
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Attention Face API Users: Responsible AI investments and safeguards for facial recognition
- Detecting unused Azure resources
- Introducing a new system function and optimized query operators
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- SAP on Azure Podcast #98 - The one with Different Low-code platforms working together (Holger Bruchelt)
- SAP Private Link service on Azure is now generally available (GA)!
- GitHub Repo: Power Platform and Neptune API Factory
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Microservices: Schlag den Eberhard & Stefan!
- Why we need resilient software design:
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
- Open-Source und Lizenzen: Die Basics // deutsch
- Das einzig wahre Betriebssystem zum Coden?! // deutsch
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!