Episode 95: myNewsWrap – SAP and Microsoft
Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
SAP Universe - from the community
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform.
Business Technology Platform Core - Kyma
Let's see what happened around Kyma:
And here some links from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- Distributed data and cross database access in hybrid cloud landscapes with SAP HANA Cloud and SDA
- SAP verärgert Kunden mit Preiserhöhung für Cloud-Dienste
- Is there really any “Good” in “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly about SAP’s Industry Cloud” Commercialisation Model for SAP Partners?
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Generally available: Azure Functions support for PowerShell 7.2
- Serverless event-based architectures with Azure Cosmos DB and Azure Functions
- Update: Combine realtime pub/sub messaging with Azure Functions & Durable Entities
- Azure Static Web Apps CI/CD with Azure DevOps
Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- How to deploy a Local Docker Container to Azure Container Apps
- Introduction to Kubernetes Operators
- Plain Kubernetes Secrets are fine
- Defining Trivy Security Scans through YAML
- Dapr, ML, Gitops Extensions GA on AKS
- Dapr Community Call 65
GitHub & DevOps
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Beta release of verifiable GitHub and Twitter account linking
- General Availability of improved 2FA experience in npm
- Introducing even more security enhancements to npm
- Planning next to your code – GitHub Projects is now generally available
- GitHub Pages: Custom GitHub Actions Workflows (beta)
- Launching GitHub Community: Powered by GitHub Discussions
- Corrupting memory without memory corruption
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Microsoft Introduces a New Way for Faster Building Cloud Apps with Azure Developer CLI
- Azure Cosmos DB Workshop
- Azure Policy Test Framework
🐱👤 SAP and Microsoft - Combining both worlds
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
Learning and Events
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Learning Go - here we go: Go by Example
- IMPACT Festival 2022
- Scott Hanselman - Moving 17 years of old legacy code and sites into the Cloud - NDC Porto 2022
- Jimmy Bogard - Domain-Driven Refactoring - NDC London 2022
And heads up for upcoming events:
- DaprCon - CfP
- Mark your calendars: MS Ignite 2022
- SAP TechEd 2022
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
Productivity & Developer Experience
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- GitHub - Building your backlog with Projects
- Code Reviews Should Not Suck!
- Publishing your work increases your luck
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!
Top comments (0)