Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem.
Here some posts around Kyma Functions (although titled "serverless" they are not imho):
- Power of serverless with SAP BTP, Kyma runtime. Secrets mounted as volumes. by Piotr Tesny
- SAP Business Technology Platform – Serverless Functions | Hands-On Tutorial Videos by Philip Mugglestone
- The Deconstruction of the SAP Ecosystem by Peter M. Faerbinger
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Developing Azure Functions using the v2 programming model for Python | Azure Friday with Gavin Aguiar, Shreya Batra and Scott Hanselman
- Betatalks #73 - Parallelism and Durable Functions
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- First ever Azure Container Apps live stream!
- Betatalks the podcast - 49. Using Azure Container Apps, KEDA, Infrastructure as Code and ARM - with Eduard Keilholz with Eduard Keilholz
- Kubernetes Operator from scratch. I implemented my own SPECIAL CONTROLLER by Sven Malvik
- Dapr Community Call 77
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Scalable Azure DevOps Build Agents with KEDA by Matthew Fortunka
- Good news: the Terraform provider for Azure Container Apps is available - see this PR
- Sunset Notice – Team Discussions
- Manage branch protection rules with a new permission
- See when a Pull Request is editable by maintainers
- Pull request merge queue (public beta)
- How to mitigate OWASP vulnerabilities while staying in the flow by Mark Paulsen
- Dependency submission suggestions on Gradle, Maven, Scala and Mill repositories
- Run self-hosted GitHub runners on GitHub Codespaces by Marcel Lupo
- Enabling branch deployments through IssueOps with GitHub Actions
- The technology behind GitHub’s new code search by Timothy Clem
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Build a meetings app with Azure Communication Services, Microsoft Graph and Microsoft Teams - Part 1 by Daysha Carter
- Reinventing search with a new AI-powered Microsoft Bing and Edge, your copilot for the web
And of the course the highlight of the month - a new Azure Developer CLI release:
- Azure Developer CLI (azd) – February 2023 Release by Savannah Ostrowski - I am hooked, I would say.
- Release notes:
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- Better Together: Dynamics 365 CRM & SAP by James Wood
- Identity federation between Azure AD B2C and SAP Cloud Identity Services using custom policies by Martin Raepple
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #130 - The one with Events from SAP to Azure (Karsten Strothmann)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Understanding Event Delivery Failures by David Boyne
- Understanding Event Streaming by David Boyne
- Bounded Context With Event Architectures by David Boyne
And heads up for upcoming events:
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!