Episode 106: myNewsWrap – SAP and Microsoft
Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
SAP Universe - from the community
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- OpenAPIs in the SAP ecosystem
- Commerce Cloud – Exposing Integration APIs to SAP BTP Kyma Runtime with OAuth2
- Coffee Corner Radio Episode 61 - ABAP Embedded Steampunk with Jens Weiler (SAP)
- Schatzkammer für Daten: Wie SAP eine Cloud für die Bundesregierung bauen will
DSAG Annual Conference
- Press release - Keeping pace with change
- Recordings are appearing in the DSAG YouTube Channel
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Microsoft Ignite 2022
Yes this was the week of Microsoft Ignite 2022 - so stuff to catch up this weekend
- Microsoft Ignite Openeing incl. a mentioning of SAP and Microsoft!
- Landing Page with On Demand Sessions
- Book of News
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Azure Functions – 2022 update - would also have hoped for the new/revamped programing model for Node.js though.
- Visualize Azure serverless workflow progress in realtime with pubsub
- An Azure Function connecting to a CosmosDB using RBAC
- Universal rendering with Nuxt 3 and Azure Static Web Apps
- Extending Next.js support in Azure Static Web Apps
Call to action: Survey on dev experience
Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Deploy Meilisearch into Azure Container Apps
- Monitor Microservices App using Azure Managed Grafana
- Azure Kubernetes Fleet Manager - Preview
- Releasing Kubernetes apps offer in Microsoft Cloud Marketplace
- Dapr Runtime v1.9.0
- Managed Dapr - With $24.2M in funding, Diagrid launches its fully managed Dapr service for Kubernetes
GitHub & DevOps
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Integrate security into your developer workflow with GitHub Advanced Security for Azure DevOps
- Design improvements to GitHub Actions navigation
- Scheduled reminders updates in GitHub app for Microsoft Teams
- Packages: Consolidated owner and admin role
- GitHub Actions: Deprecating save-state and set-output commands
- On the go with GitHub Projects on GitHub Mobile (public beta)
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Part 1 - Azdev-ify what?
- Azure Developer CLI (azd) – October 2022 Release
- Implement the On Behalf Of flow between an Azure AD protected API and an API protected using OpenIddict
- Announcing the Postman Microsoft Azure Integration Partnership
🐱👤 SAP and Microsoft - Combining both worlds
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- SAP Event Mesh: Event Bridge to Microsoft Azure to go Beta
- Enable SAP Principal Propagation for live OData feeds with Power Query
- Extracting SAP data using the CDC connector
- The Azure Podcast Episode 440 - Azure and SAP - Better Together!
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #114 - The one with Azure Functions SDK for SAP (Martin Pankraz, Will Eastbury) - Azure Functions, I like that
Learning and Events
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Links to best practices for API development
- OSI’s Deep Dive is an essential discussion on the future of AI and open source
And heads up for upcoming events:
- INNOQ Technology Lunch - Advanced Typing in TypeScript
- Innoq Technology Day
- The GitHub Universe 2022 agenda is live
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
- Golo macht wieder .NET!? // deutsch - finally back again!
Productivity & Developer Experience
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Announcing Azure Deployment Environments preview
- Conditional color change possible in oh-my-posh
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!
Top comments (0)