Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform.
No news here this week.
And here some links from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- Devtoberfest from SAP is starting again
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Serverless Domain Driven Design
- Use Static Web Apps API and API Management Authorizations to integrate third party services
- Generally available: Enterprise-grade edge for Azure Static Web Apps
- How to get into Tech and Serverless with Linda Nichols
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Bye bye Azure Functions, Hello Azure Container Apps: Introduction
- Distroless docker images explained!
- A deep dive into Helm sub-charts/Chart dependencies by Anaïs Urlichs - eagerly awaited :-):
- Interesting: Introducing Ambient Mesh
- Dapr Community Call 68
- Cool series around Azure Container Apps, here two with Dapr (all Links are in the table of contents in the blog posts)
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- GitHub Availability Report: August 2022
- Better suggested pull request description from commit message
- GitHub Actions: Use the GITHUB_TOKEN with workflow_dispatch and repository_dispatch
- Sign your Git commits with 1Password
- Using OpenID Connect to access Azure from GitHub
- Research: quantifying GitHub Copilot’s impact on developer productivity and happiness
- GitHub Copilot now available for teachers
- Contributing to open source at GitHub
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #109 - The one with Power Platform & SAP BTP (Holger Bruchelt) - a perfect combination of SAP and Microsoft demoed in this video!
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
And heads up for upcoming events - it's going to be a busy autumn:
- INNOQ Technology Night: Data Mesh und Domain-driven Design
- Microsoft Ignite - registration is open!
- GitHub Universe is coming! ... and it is hybrid!
Summer Break (well deserved!) ⛱ ... we miss you
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!