Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem. This weeks central topic the DSAG Technology Days 2023:
- Recordings of the keynotes: YouTube Playlist
- Press Release:
And the Grow with SAP Announcement:
- GROW with SAP Brings Proven Cloud ERP Benefits to Midsize Customers
- Response from DSAG: Mit neuem Paket in die S/4HANA Public Cloud?
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see.
- Block ambiguous branch and tag names
- Dependency graph GraphQL API preview includes submitted dependencies
- Roadmaps in Projects are now generally available
- You can now use the “security extended” query suite in code scanning default setup with CodeQL
- Build a secure code mindset with the GitHub Secure Code Game by Joseph Katsioloudes
- Incremental improvements to the security coverage enablement slide-out panel
- Announcement of the week: GitHub Copilot X: The AI-powered developer experience by Thomas Dohmke
Interested in some news from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Introducing GPT-4 in Azure OpenAI Service by Eric Boyd
- .NET 8 is on the way! Discover its new Features🚀
- That looks interesting: Microsoft Loop
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- SAP Private Link service use cases for SAP Cloud Integration and SAP Build Work Zone, Standard Edition by Harutyun Ter-Minasyan
- Azure Cognitive Services are supported by SAP Private Link service, find more details here
- SAP CDC Connector and SLT - Part 1 - Overview and architecture by Bartosz Jarkowski
- Power Platform + SAP - Setup and getting started by Holger Bruchelt
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #136 - The one with SAP Integrated Business Planning & Teams (Zoltan Farkas, Zoltan Miklos Biro)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Building a RESTful API with Actix Web and Diesel for Persistent Data Storage by Engin Diri - Attention Engin has a lot more blog posts around learning Rust on his site, so check out his blog on https://blog.ediri.io/
- Chaos Engineering with Azure Chaos Studio pt. 1 by Philip Welz
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
- GPT-4 und ChatGPT: Was kommt da auf uns zu?! // deutsch - Surprise at minute 11:10
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Ever wanted to have an INNOQ talk at a event of your company? Here is the the list of talks available: INNOQ - Selected Talks
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!