Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- SAP BTP Kyma Runtime Support for XFF with Istio by Vladimir Videlov
- Interesting times ahead - Können Sie CEO?
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Serveless Architektur mit Sascha Möllering with Eberhard Wolff and Sascha Möllering
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Introducing Kwok
- Azure Cloud Native presents David Frappart with Davd Fraport on the state of identity in AKS
- Announcing public preview of confidential containers on Azure Container Instances by Peter Pogorski
- Deploying a containerized FastAPI app to Azure Container Apps
- Debugging Dapr applications with Rider or Visual Studio: A better way by Laurent Kempé
- Dapr 1.10 - More steps in the right direction by Mark Heath
- Dapr 1.10 Release Highlights - nice format, keep it coming!
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Getting started with DevOps w/ Lian Li with Lian Li - also check out @SheCloudNative
- Learn Terraform and deploy to Azure using self-led GitHub Repository by Thomas Thornton
- Terraform: Store Backend State in Azure Storage Account by Chris Pietschmann
- GitHub Availability Report: February 2023 by Jakub Oleksy
- GitHub Issues & Projects – March 2nd update
- Secret scanning alerts are now available (and free) for all public repositories by Zain Malik and Mariam Sulakian
- Enable secret scanning alerts on all your public repositories
- Secret scanning changes coming to how you opt-in to alert notifications
- GitHub Actions Importer General Availability
- GitHub Actions: Introducing the new, more powerful GitHub-hosted x64 macOS runners
- 10 things you didn’t know you could do with GitHub Codespaces by Rizel Scarlett
- Add pronouns to your GitHub profile
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- The new Bing & Edge – Learning from our first week
- Putting Your Application to the Test with Azure Load Test by John Kilmister
Not Microsoft related but interesting: Introducing Service Weaver: A Framework for Writing Distributed Applications
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- Better Together: Dynamics 365 CRM & SAP — Part 4 by James Wood
- #133 - The one with students building SAP and Power Platform Solutions (Christian Drumm) with Christian Drumm
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- WTF is API Product Management? by Mike Amundsen
And heads up for upcoming events:
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- How to build a consistent workflow for development and operations teams by Mark Paulsen and Chris Reddington
- How to Gain Back Velocity and Achieve Efficiency with Kubernetes
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!