Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
This week no news from the SAP side of the house so let's immediately jump to the Microsoft universe.
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Accelerating Azure Container Apps with the Azure CLI and Compose Files
- Kubernetes Annual Report 2021
- Publish your AKS Ingress Controller over Azure Private Link
- Security Scanning with GitHub Action for Trivy
- Dapr Community Call 62 - 06/14/2022
- Dapr 1.8 and WASM Middleware by Yaron Schneider
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- GitOps for the People - WeAreDevs 2022
- Bicep v0.7 is now available!
- Updates to GitHub Feed (Public Beta)
- Block potentially destructive Git pushes
- Secret scanning: Dry runs for custom patterns on edits
- GitHub Advanced Security enablement webhook
- Configure dependency review for vulnerability severity and license type
- GitHub now publishes malware advisories in the GitHub Advisory Database
- Dismiss or reopen a selection of Dependabot alerts
- Prebuilding codespaces is generally available
- GitHub Actions: macOS 12 for GitHub-hosted runners is now generally available
- Create a Docker based Self Hosted GitHub runner Windows container
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- SAP on Azure Podcast #97 - The one with the Health & Inventory Check for SAP (Jitendra Singh & Ross Sponholtz)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources:
- Start your open source journey with Community Exchange
- How can the United States build its Open Source Software policy?
- Implementing a robust digital identity
- How Microsoft Teams uses AI and machine learning to improve calls and meetings
- FastTrack for Azure | ISV and Startups | Azure Topic Sessions
And heads up for upcoming events:
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
- Wortbruch?! GitHub stellt Atom ein // deutsch
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Decisions, decisions: Principles for making important choices in open source
- Compare GitHub to other DevOps solutions
- 😎 More fun than productivity Introducing Achievements: recognizing the many stages of a developer’s coding journey
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!