Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform.
No news around Kyma this week.
And here some links from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- Finally - btp CLI Command Reference
- Best of UI5
- And what is even more interesting: how the bst of UI5 site comes to live, see this Twitter thread
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Some basics around API calls in Azure Functionsfor the Bit Project API Integration Demo and Debugging Tutorial with Christian Lechner
- Azure Function App - Writable Directory
- Announcing the .NET 7 support for Azure functions in an isolated process in public preview
- Azure Static Web Apps Introduces API Backend Options
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Open Policy Agent (OPA) For Kubernetes
- Supercharge your AKS deployments with GitOps and Flux V2 - the slides
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- GitHub Issues: Using Projects for feature planning
- Differentiating triggering actor from executing actor
- 6 strategic ways to level up your CI/CD pipeline
- Here’s how academic research is shaping GitHub Discussions
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #102 - The one with Updates to Monitor for SAP Solutions (Samie Khare)
- Exposing SAP legacy middleware with Azure PaaS securely
- Integrating SAP Business Processes in Microsoft Teams using SAP Business Technology Platform
- Announcing Public Preview for Microsoft Azure Center for SAP Solutions
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Supercharging A/B Testing at Uber
- Microsoft DevOps Dojo InnerSource Case Study
- Serverless Days New York 2022 - the playlist
And of course this week we had Microsoft Inspire:
- Microsoft Inspire 2022: Unlocking new partner opportunities, solutions for hybrid work and more
- Microsoft Inspire main page - including the keynote and the session recordings
And heads up for upcoming events:
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
- Funktionale Programmierung in Go (Golang) – das geht?! // deutsch
- Was in der IT-Community falsch läuft (mit @Vitalij Mik) // deutsch
- Interesting new format: Stellenanzeigen sind alle gleich (schlecht) // deutsch
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- GitHub Profile Achievements
- Tips & tricks for using GitHub Projects for personal productivity
- Engineering with Empathy
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!