Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- Deploying HANA Spatial Services with SAP Kyma Serverless Functions - just for the sake of correctness .. I would call them Kyma Functions, Serverless is something different to me
- Part 3 – Perform OCR on a .PDF using microservice hosted on SAP BTP, Kyma Runtime
- Sharing is caring: Share your automation scripts for SAP Landscape Management on GitHub
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Serverless September is over, but it is not gone
- Azure Functions Monitor Pattern Example
- Serverless image classification with Azure Functions and Custom Vision – Part 2
- Update: Azure Static Web Apps CLI v1.0.3
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- How to build multi-arch Docker Images with ease
- Build and deploy containerized apps with Azure Kubernetes Service & Azure Cosmos DB
- Use an Azure AD workload identity (preview) on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Vertical Pod Autoscaling (preview) in Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- It is starting: Dapr WF engine implementation starter
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Yessss: Introducing Actions on GitHub Mobile
- New Dependabot alerts webhook
- Enable secret scanning for an enterprise with one click
- Detect secrets in your code more accurately with dry runs for custom patterns now available in GitHub Advanced Security
- Express disinterest on For you feed rollup items
- Removing Opt-out of GitHub Sponsors Custom Amounts
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
All things Azure Developer CLI:
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- Look at the news feed section: Getting Started with BTP Private Link Service for Azure
- Using Microsoft Adaptive Cards in Supply Chain scenarios
- Microsoft Azure Machine Learning for Supply Chain Planning
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #113 - The one with SAP Release Management using Azure DevOps (Jaganmohan Reddy, Ram Gudupalli)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- 10 Tips to Rocking as an Azure Architect - Adam Cogan - NDC Melbourne 2022
- Ten Years of TypeScript
- CKAD exam Preparation Notes and Practice Questions: Part 4
- Implementing software security in open source
Unfortunately Golo has issues with his voice 🤒(see tweet) - best wished and get well soon!
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Important imho: Sustainable Open Source (SOS) Initiative
- Interesting read on Why I don't use Scrum to manage my Remote Teams?
- Menschen kommen für Menschen ins Büro: Microsoft-CEO Satya Nadella über die Zukunft der Arbeit
- GitHub CEO's advice to founders: Big Tech isn’t smarter than you
- Do not forget to update your PowerToys: Release v0.63.0
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!