Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- Exploring the BTP Service Metadata project - Part 3
- The boring Enterprise Nerdcast - SAP TechEd 2022 with Jon Reed
- SAP BTP Kyma/Kubernetes how-to: Pull from private repository
- Attention Deprecation of Prometheus/Grafana based monitoring in SAP BTP Kyma Runtime
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Deploy your first container app using Terraform and GitHub Actions tutorial/lab
- Azure Kubernetes Service: RBAC options in practice
- Azure Kubernetes Service – Using Kubernetes credential plugin kubelogin with Terraform
- Mitigate threats with the new threat matrix for Kubernetes
- Forensic container checkpointing in Kubernetes
- Quite some stuff in the new release: KEDA 2.9.0
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- GitHub Availability Report: November 2022
- Limit scope of npm tokens with the new granular access tokens
- Updated timeline for the deprecation of CodeQL Action v1
- GitHub Actions workflow notifications in Slack and Microsoft Teams
- GitHub app in Slack and Microsoft Teams – improvements
- Organization-level security risk and coverage pages replace overview page
- Secret scanning now detects new secrets in issue content
- Deploying to Azure from GitHub Actions, no passwords required!
And an organizational note: Hello from GitHub’s new Chief Product Officer
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Microsoft and Isovalent partner to bring next generation eBPF dataplane for cloud-native applications in Azure
- Managing, reporting, and reducing your costs in Azure | Azure Friday
- Microsoft Azure's defense in depth approach to cloud vulnerabilities
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- Automatic SAP BTP trust store certificate renewal with Azure Key Vault – or how to stop thinking about expiry dates once and for all
- Looks interesting sap-cloud-sdk-on-azure-app-srv
- Quick Flip 01: Microsoft Improving Low-Code Landscape
- SAP Azure #122 - The one with Ransomware and Back to Business (Sebastian Ullrich & Martin Steiner)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Software-Architektur.tv Jahresrückblick 2022
- Power Apps Überblick by Azure Rosenheim Meetup
- ICYMI: A look back at GitHub Universe 2022
- AWS re:Invent 2022 - Keynote with Dr. Werner Vogels - worth watching!
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
- Sind Microservices überbewertet? // deutsch
- Golo Roden wird Go-Developer bei MeKo Manufacturing // deutsch
And another interesting Tweet Thread
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!