Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform.
Let's see what happened around Kyma:
- Several news for the managed Kyma offering
And here some links from the broader SAP ecosystem:
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Building .NET Serverless applications with isolated model in Azure Functions and Visual Studio 2022
- You are interested in Azure Static Web Apps, then these folks might be worth following on Twitter
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- How to Deploy Azure Container Apps with Terraform
- Can I create an Azure Container Apps in Terraform? Yes, you can!
- How to remove a stuck namespace
- Dapr Community Call 66
- KEDA 2.8.0 is out 🎉
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Define resources with Bicep, ARM templates, and Terraform AzAPI provider
- Secret scanning: Organization admins can dry run custom patterns across all repositories
- All GitHub Enterprise users now have access to the security overview
- Dependabot now alerts for vulnerable GitHub Actions
- New request for comments on improving npm security with Sigstore is now open
- Introduction to GitHub Codespaces - Building your first Dev Container
- Integrating Azure DevOps with GitHub - Hybrid Model
- GitHub Pages now uses Actions by default
- Wikis now support math and Mermaid diagrams
- GitHub Visualizer
- Attention: GitHub Actions: The Ubuntu 18.04 Actions runner image is being deprecated and will be removed by 12/1/22
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Generally available: Audit log for continuous mode with Azure Cosmos DB
- Relationship Between Logic Apps & Power Automate
- What is Microsoft Entra ?
- Exploring .NET WebAssembly with WASI and Wasmtime
- Cloud pubsub services compared: Azure Web PubSub vs Ably
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- SAP on Azure #104 - The one with SAP Business Processes in Microsoft Teams (Uma Anbazhagan)
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #105 - The one with SAP on Oracle on Azure (Cameron Gardiner)
- Von Telefon zu Unified Communications: SAP setzt weltweit auf mobiles Arbeiten mit Microsoft Teams
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Designing APIs with Swagger and OpenAPI: A Conversation with Josh Ponelat and Lukas Rosenstock
- Software Architektur TV - Ask Me Anything
And heads up for upcoming events:
Summer Break (well deserved!) ⛱
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Sticky Scroll in GitHub Codespaces and VSCode
- Breaking apart the (maintainer) monolith
- Marketing for maintainers: Promote your project to users and contributors
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!