Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
and some Kyma updates:
- Deprecation of the Istio sidecar injection annotation
- Support for XFF with Istio
- Issuing JWT security best practices
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
And some must watch videos from AWS re:Invent around serverless:
- AWS re:Invent 2022 - Best practices for advanced serverless developers (SVS401)
- AWS re:Invent 2022 - Building next-gen applications with event-driven architectures (API311-R)
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- The Azure Kubernetes Service Checklist
- Dapr Community Call 75
- Managed Dapr with Azure Container Apps
- That looks very promising: Dapr and workflow
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- How the Xbox Customer Experiences Team uses DevOps - not brand new, but interesting
- Convert Pipelines to Actions
2023 and GitHub is full steam ahead:
- GitHub Issues – January 12th update - Hope the forms also will land at PR templates soon.
- GitHub Actions – Support for organization-wide required workflows public beta
- Introducing required workflows and configuration variables to GitHub Actions
- GitHub Actions – Support for configuration variables in workflows
- A smarter, quieter Dependabot
- Passwordless deployments to the cloud
- Code scanning can be set up more easily without committing a workflow file to the repository and Default setup: A new way to enable GitHub code scanning
- GitHub Actions: OpenID Connect token now supports more claims for configuring granular cloud access
- GitHub Discussions just got better with Category Forms!
- New GitHub CLI extension tools
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
The Azure Developer CLI Corner:
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #126 - The one with Disaster Recovery Guidelines for SAP Workload (Dennis Padia)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- A few thoughts and information about the possibility of renewing Microsoft certifications!
- Actions speak louder than words: Building better communities
- Some Learning around OAuth:
And heads up for upcoming events:
No news from Golo this week ... hopefully everything is fine.
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!