Welcome to 2023 🎆 and to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- ABAP Cloud
- Build machine learning apps quickly and easily with SAP BTP, Kyma and streamlit
- New SAP Discovery Center Mission: Extend SAP S/4HANA Business Processes on SAP BTP, Kyma Runtime
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Deep linking with Azure Static Web Apps and Easy Auth
- Azure Static Web Apps: build app externally
- Azure Static Web Apps: dynamic redirects with Azure Functions
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Bye bye Azure Functions, Hello Azure Container Apps: Conclusions - there are five more parts, do not miss them.
- Considerations for using Container Apps in a multitenant solution - Valuable!
- Scaling in Azure Container Apps
- Azure Container Apps Demos
- Public preview: New UX for the AKS DevX Extension for Visual Studio Code
- How To Set Up a Dead Man’s Switch in Prometheus
- Argo and Flux: grown-up GitOps for cloud native generation
- Top Three Use Cases for Dapr and Kubernetes
- Dapr and Knative Functions
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Intro to Bicep
- How we use GitHub to be more productive, collaborative, and secure
- GitHub Issues – December 22nd update
- GitHub Issues – January 5th update
- GitHub Availability Report: December 2022
- Tencent Weixin now partners with GitHub to notify users if their credentials are exposed in a public repository
- Intro to GitHub CoPilot!
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- Looking back at 2022 from a SAP and Microsoft perspective
- Switched On - Quick Flip: Switched On Year End Wish List
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #125 - The one with Securing SAP with Azure Services (Evren Buyruk)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Microsoft Azure CLX: A personalized program to learn Azure
- Hachyderm's Kris Nova on running a Mastodon Server - Hanselminutes Podcast 872
- [Video] How has open source changed in the last 10 years?
- Dealing with eventual consistency - Dennis van der Stelt - NDC Oslo 2022
- Help! I've created a serverless monolith! - Marc Duiker - NDC Oslo 2022
And heads up for upcoming events:
- What's new in the Azure Developer CLI (azd) - January 2023 release
- Call for Papers: Azure Cosmos DB Conf 2023
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
- the native web GmbH - Shorts - I really like that new (additional) format!
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Write Better Commits, Build Better Projects
- What’s with all the ducks?
- How to optimize your code reviews
- How To Create A Fake REST API For Your Project With JSON Server
- Interesting tool: Hurl
- In German: Die Mastodon Anleitung - So gelingt der Einstieg!
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!