Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform.
Let's see what happened around Kyma:
- SAP BTP, Kyma Runtime trial clusters’ lifespan limited to 14 days - also take a closer look into the comments section to avoid confusion (PAYG vs. trial)
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- .NET 7 comes to Azure Functions & Visual Studio 2022
- .NET on Azure Functions Roadmap Update
- Error Handling with Apache Kafka extension for Azure Functions and more!!
- Deploy Your GO API to Azure Functions
- Serverless Pizza Workflow Visualizer - Cool showcase with Durable Functions
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Learn Live - AKS Security Best Practices
- Azure Cloud Native - Spotlight Session with Tom Kerkhove
- Full tutorial of Kyverno:
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Creating a Azure Kubernetes cluster with an attached Azure Container Registry with Bicep
- Transform Kubernetes Manifest to Bicep via VSCode: Tweet
- GitHub Actions - Calling Reusable Workflows
- GitHub for iOS: Edit files in pull requests
- Gear-up and unlock the newest GitHub Global Campus features
- GitHub Certifications (Actions, Admin and Security) for Azure Partners - unfortunately only for partners
- How we tripled max concurrent jobs to boost performance of GitHub Actions
- Scaling Git’s garbage collection
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Azure Developer CLI (azd) – September 2022 Release - great new stuff!
- The Microsoft Azure Developer's Cheat Sheet
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- SAP S/4HANA Integration with MS Teams via SAP BTP : A Siemens Experience Story
- Bridge Framework – Integration Framework based on SAP BTP for MS Teams Integrations with SAP
- Integration of Signavio with SAP Solution Manager hosted on Azure using Azure Application Gateway.
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #110 - The one with the Azure Center for SAP Solutions (Aron Stern)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Event-driven Architecture @McDonalds:
- Domain Prototyping: Iterative Entwicklung mit Domain-driven Design & User Experience Tobias Goeschel
- SCA vs SAST: what are they and which one is right for you?
- How to DevOps and Serverless the right way!
- How to transform your business in a digital world by GitHub
And heads up for upcoming events:
- Dapr Community Day @ Kubecon - agenda is available
Unfortunately Golo has issues with his voice 🤒(see tweet) - best wished and get well soon!
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!