Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform.
Let's see what happened around Kyma:
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Microsoft Delivers Azure Container Apps, Developer CLI
- Stop Messing with Kubernetes Finalizers
- GeekSprech Podcast Folge 74 – Kubernetes Security & Best Practices
- OWASP Kubernetes Top 10
- Public preview: ARM64 agent node support in AKS
- Dapr Community Call #61
- Azure Arc-enabled Kubernetes extensibility model | Azure Friday
- Generally available: Open Service Mesh extension for Azure Arc
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Writing reusable Terraform modules
- Quick Guide to Flux v2 on AKS
- 100,000 Different Ways to Manage Secrets in GitOps
- GitHub Availability Report: May 2022
- The new GitHub Issues – June 2nd update
- Improved verification of historic Git commit signatures
- Azure AD OIDC and Conditional Access support for GHEC EMUs
- Connecting to a private network from GitHub-hosted Actions runners
- What’s new in security and user management for GitHub Enterprise
- GitHub Enterprise Server 3.5 is now generally available
- Welcome to Maintainer Month!
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Microsoft Azure Tagging Conventions
- General availability: New portal experience for Microsoft Artifact Registry
- Sneak Peek: Azure Developer CLI
- Secure access for a connected world—meet Microsoft Entra
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- New Azure Skilling Guides!
- Postman - 2021 State of the API Report
- YouTube Playlist: Go from the beginning
- Learning Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) by Richard Hooper
- Integrate 2022 - integration scenarios for SAP with Azure - Discount Code
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Oh-my-Posh on Microsoft Store
- What Made GoLang So Popular? The Language’s Creators Look Back
- #KubeCon EU Takeaway 3: ➡️ Developer experience is top of mind for everyone - A Tweet Thread
- 7 lessons about finding the work you were meant to do
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!