Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Announcing the .NET 7 for Azure functions isolated worker process is generally available
- Durable Functions for NodeJS 2.1.0 - You can now signal Durable Entities from Node.js!
- Generally available: Azure Static Web Apps now fully supports .NET 7
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Serverless Metabase BI Saved Big Bucks
- Azure Container Apps with .NET | .NET Conf 2022
- gRPC Communication In Azure Container Apps – Part 1
- Invoking Dapr Services in Azure Container Apps using gRPC – Part 2
- Generally available: AKS support for Ubuntu 22.04
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Authoring and deploying Azure resources with Bicep | Azure Friday
- All Azure DevOps REST APIs now support PAT scopes
- Risk and coverage views on the Security tab for organizations (public beta)
- Signing Container Images with GitHub Actions using Notary Series' Articles
- Curious where this will go: Sammelklage gegen Githubs Copilot eingereicht
This week was GitHub Universe ... so here we go with the news:
Some technical highlights:
- Hey, GitHub!
- Start coding instantly with Codespaces => 60 hours a month free!
- Introducing GitHub Actions Importer
- GitHub Enterprise Server 3.7 is now generally available
All things Open Source:
- An open source economy–built by developers, for developers
- Bringing greater financial sustainability to open source communities
- Why more companies are investing in open source program offices
- Understanding the social impact of open source technologies
- The importance of improving supply chain security in open source
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
The Azure Developer CLI
- Part 2 – Observability for your azd-compatible app
- OIDC Support is merged - get it from the daily builds
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- Getting started with Eventing: How to setup SAP Event Mesh with Azure Event Grid
- BEST OF BOTH WORLDS - Integration SAP und O365 mit dem 4process Graph Connector //deutsch
- Migrate your SAP PI/PO flows to Cloud Native
- SAP on Azure Podcast #118 - The one with the New SAP Connector for Power Platform (Jon Gilman)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Conway's Law? I'm Tired of It - slides of talk by Eberhard Wolff at jaxcon
- No Future-Proof Architectures - slides of talk by Eberhard Wolff at jaxcon
- Get Certified: Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- Study Worksheet for AZ-305 (Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions) - Twitter Thread
- todo:cast Folge 49: Workation und Remote Work
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Switching from Twitter to Mastodon? Then this Twitter Thread might be useful
- Developer Advocates need to be better event citizens - not only for developer advocates!
- Some resources to help you level up your next presentation
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!