Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- S/4HANA Cloud Events and SAP BTP Kyma by Gunter Albrecht
- Introducing a new subscription API by Korbinian Stoemmer
- SAP BTP, Kyma runtime k8s APIs with API Management by Piotr Tesny
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- The Go Show #5: Creating Azure Serverless Functions with Go by Liam Hampton
- Durable Functions Troubleshooting Guide - Feeback to Microsoft welcome
- Data API builder first drive: a basic Jamstack application by Davide Mauri
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- It was Kubecon, so here an overview from Microsoft perspective: Join Microsoft at KubeCon and CloudNativeCon Europe 2023
- Azure Kubernetes upgrades and Long Term Support by Justin Davies
- Leverage OpenCost on Azure Kubernetes Service to understand and monitor your infrastructure spend by Kaysie Yu
- Isovalent Cilium Enterprise in Azure Marketplace by Deepak Bansal
- Dapr extension for AKS is available in 7 new regions by Hannah Hunter
- Carbon Aware KEDA Operator
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- Pull request merge queue (public beta): API support and recent fixes
- Introducing Repository Rules Public Beta
- Private vulnerability reporting now generally available by Eric Tooley and Kate Catlin
- Introducing npm package provenance by Brian DeHamer and Philip Harrison
- Enable security features for multiple repositories from your organization-level security coverage page
- Repository topics and team filters for enterprise-level Dependabot, secret scanning, and code scanning pages
- GitHub joins industry commitment to curb cyber mercenaries by Mike Linksvayer
- Generate an SBOM with the REST API
- Attention: Deprecation: Importing non-Git repositories with GitHub Importer
Interested in some news from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Azure Cognitive Service for Vision with the Florence foundation model | Azure Friday
- Power Platform Adoption Assessment
Announcement: Azure Logic Apps' New Data Mapper for Visual Studio Code (Preview) by Alex Zúñiga
- And a video walkthrough: Announcement: Introducing Data Mapper Public Preview
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- Power Platform + SAP - Calling SAP Tables by Holger Bruchelt
Announcing Microsoft AI SDK for SAP by Gopal Nair - that's huge
- and here the GutHub repository: Microsoft AI SDK for SAP
- AP on Azure Video Podcast #140 - The one with Sentinel for SAP (Yoav Daniely, Yossi Hasson & Martin Pankraz, Sebastian Ullrich)
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
- Top Entwickler:in? Diese 8 Fähigkeiten brauchst Du! // deutsch - very valuable!
- Live Stream: enterJS Special: Exklusive Infos + Gewinnspiel // deutsch
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- How generative AI is changing the way developers work by Damian Brady
- Developer: Natürliche Feinde der Softwarearchitektur? by Eberhard Wolff
- New Azure Extensions in VSCode.dev!
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!