Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- The role of SAP Cloud SDK in SAP Cloud Application Programming Model service integration by DJ Adams
- ChatGPT for SAP developments – threat or an opportunity? by Mateusz Skrzyniarz
- SAP BTP, Kyma Runtime API Gateway future architecture based on Istio by Magdalena Strek
- SAP Build Apps Deployment On SAP BTP Kyma Runtime by Jay Adnure
- ABAP Cloud FAQ
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Common Issues when scaling event-driven architectures by David Boyne
- Building Modern Apps with Serverless & Feature Flags by Jessica Cregg & Julian Wood at GOTO 2022
- Configure Durable Functions with Azure Active Directory
- Generally available: Azure Functions support for Python 3.10
- How to setup Event Hub Trigger for Azure Function with User-Assigned Managed Identity by James Yu
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Come Cloud with Kubernetes
- Dapr v1.10 is now available with Dapr Workflows!
- The Evolution of Cloud Computing: From Raw Infrastructure to the Serverless Application Cloud by Bilgin Ibryam
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see
- Terraform on Azure February 2023 Update by Steven Ma
- Git security vulnerabilities announced by Taylor Blau
- Code scanning adds support for Kotlin 1.8.0 analysis (beta)
- ICYMI: CodeQL enhancements
- GitHub Actions - Azure Container Apps build/deploy by Richard Basson
- Deploying Azure Container Apps with GitHub Actions by Will Velida
- GitHub Actions – Removal of additional label option for GitHub-hosted larger runners
- How GitHub Actions can improve CI/CD and compares with Azure Pipelines
- GitHub Copilot for Business is now available by Thomas Dohmke
- GitHub Copilot now has a better AI model and new capabilities by Shuyin Zhao
- 2022 Transparency Report by Kevin Xu
- Yout amicus: fighting for developers’ right to innovate by Kevin Xu
- More love for innersource collaboration and enterprise fork policies
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- Microsoft Lifecycle Policy - that's really useful imho
- OpenAI & Microsoft Power Platform - That's a good match
And of course some news around the Azure Developer CLI:
- Azure Developer CLI Azure Developer CLI episode 0.6.0 - I am hooked by ... me
- azd community standup, February edition with Developer workflows your way with service and command hooks, and more!
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- Better Together: Dynamics 365 CRM & SAP — Part Two by James Wood
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #131 - The one with Scenarios with SAP and Power Platform (Ronald Knienieder)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- Check out the Azure Developers Channel on YouTube, worth it.
- New learning path: Introduction to Azure OpenAI Service
And heads up for upcoming events:
As a regular guest and due to the high-quality content here an overview what Golo Roden provided us this week:
- Bloß keine Meetings!? // deutsch ... so TRUE!
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Don't Call It A Platform - Down with The Platform, up with Developer Enablement by Sam Newman
- Remote container development with VS Code and Podman by Evan Shortiss
- Introducing Search By Target Framework on NuGet.org by Jon Douglas and Advay Tandon
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!