Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of Microsoft, GitHub, SAP ... and the world in between. The focus of my newsletter is the application development and all things around that can improve our lives as developers.
Let's dive into the news and explore what came up this week that can help us to build better solutions for our customers.
First we take a look at the Microsoft universe and what crossed my path there.
No news this week ... is this the silence before the Microsoft Ignite storm?
Having containers is nice but everything (well ... nearly everything 😉) gets better with Dapr as an outstanding tool for app development in the container-based area. Here we go what might be worth a look:
This section collects all news touching the topic of a developer platform. Fuzzy term but here you find news on topics that make the life of developers easier beyond pure development be it Infrastructure as Code, GitHub and more like the Azure Developer CLI.
- Getting to understand Azure Bicep Parameters by Ahmed Muhi
This week it is al about GitHub Universe - first the main recordings worth to watch
- GitHub Universe 2023 opening keynote
- GitHub Universe 2023 day 2 keynote: The productivity platform for all developers
- AI: Superhero or super villain? by Scott Hanselman
and here a bunch of blog posts
- Universe 2023: Copilot transforms GitHub into the AI-powered developer platform by Thomas Dohmke
- Leveraging AI to empower all developers at GitHub Universe 2023 by Ed Summers
- Octoverse: The state of open source and rise of AI in 2023 by Kyle Daigle
Close to my heart as essence of how to make the developer life easier is the Azure Developer CLI. What's up in this area?
- Quickly build and deploy OpenAI apps on Azure, infused with your own data by the usual suspects :-)
No matter how the structure of this newsletter is crafted, there is always something that does not perfectly fit. This section is dedicated to topics that I think are worth reading but did not fit into the structure from above:
- OpenAI DevDay, Opening Keynote - also check out the blog post
- Open at Microsoft: Radius
- Building Carbon Awareness with KEDA - KubeConNA 2023 Demo
- GA: Kubernetes Event-driven Autoscaling (KEDA) Add-on for AKS
Combining Microsoft with SAP can lead to incredible new applications. Let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see what's up here:
One important (and imho best part) of the job of a developer is the continuous learning. Here are some interesting learning resources that go beyond vendor-specific technology:
- Interesting read: Towards Modern Development of Cloud Applications by Sanjay Ghemawat, Robert Grandl, Srdjan Petrovic, Michael Whittaker, Parveen Patel, Ivan Posva, Amin Vahdat (Google)
One great resource for becoming a better developer and reflecting about our profession is the high-quality content of the native web GmbH by Golo Roden. This week the following topics were on the list:
Make sure to subscribe to Golo's YouTube channels:
And Golo's personal channel with a new series - not IT, but about an important topic that is not too much talk about in the IT world:
And last but not least heads up for these upcoming events:
- The schedule of the Festive Tech Calendar is out - al ot of goodies waiting for you through the course of December!
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!