Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between. As it is summer vacation time, it is a bit more quiet, but still some interesting stuff to dig into.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform.
Let's see what happened around Kyma:
- SAP BTP Serverless Runtime to SAP BTP Kyma Runtime Migration Examples
- SAP Application Router docker image publicly available
Well ... there was a blog post on importing OpenAPI-documented APIs remotely with CAP, but it was removed. I hope it will reappear.
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Using Managed Identities with Azure Functions and Service Bus
- How to run the CLI for Microsoft 365 on an Azure Function
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- General availability: Dapr release 1.8 support in Azure Container Apps
- Kubernetes 1.25 – What’s new?
- Generally available: Kubernetes 1.24 support
- Generally available: AKS node pool user start/stop feature
- Drink your own champagne - Modernizing Microsoft 365 with a move to Windows containers on Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- First Steps with Dapr
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- 2022 Transparency Report: January to June
- Specify theme context for images in Markdown GA
- Dependabot alerts are ranked by most important priority at the organization level
- The next step for LGTM.com: GitHub code scanning!
- GitHub Discussions is now available on GitHub Enterprise Server
- GitHub Support Portal is now available in 7 new languages
- Multi environment AZURE deployments with Terraform and GitHub (Part 2)
- Hosting Azure DevOps Pipelines agents on GitHub Codespaces
Attention: Deprecation Notice: GraphQL for Packages - but without a timeline
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- CREATE SERVICE PRINCIPAL AND STORE SECRET IN KEY VAULT USING AZ DEVOPS
- .NET 6 is now in Ubuntu 22.04
- Stellungnahme von Microsoft Deutschland zur Datenschutzkonformität von Microsoft 365 und Microsoft Teams
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
And heads up for upcoming events:
Summer Break (well deserved!) ⛱
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- Go - Beautiful logger for http
- Introducing the Markdown Language Server
- Translating Typescript Errors with a VS Code Extension - Open Source Friday
- Announcing Microsoft Dev Box Preview
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!