Welcome to this week's edition of myNewsWrap, news from the world of SAP, Microsoft and the world in between.
Let's us start with the SAP side of the house i. e. news around the Business Technology Platform and news from the broader SAP ecosystem:
- Friends of Kyma - heads up: From Observability to Telemetry – a strategy shift in SAP BTP, Kyma Runtime
- SAP HANA Cloud to Support ARM-based AWS Graviton Processors
- Interesting feedback: Twitter thread on SAP BTP - also read the replies!
- More interesting feedback on a different topic: Verrutschter SAP-Fokus
Now let's look at the Microsoft universe.
Here is what happened this week in the serverless space like Azure Functions and Static Web Apps:
- Public preview: Java 17 Support in Azure Functions
- Announcing general availability for Azure Functions v4 .NET framework support in an isolated process
From Serverless to Containers, Azure Container Apps and Kubernetes - what did this week provide us with?
- Journey to the cloud with Azure Container Apps
- Azure Container Apps Networking: A condensed view of concepts
- Practical Azure Container Apps with Dapr
- Build and deploy containerized apps with Azure Kubernetes Service & Azure Cosmos DB
- Load external data into OPA - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Istio sails into the Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- What’s Stopping WebAssembly from Widespread Adoption?
- Call to Action: HTTP add-on is looking for contributors by end of November
What happened in the area of DevOps and esp. GitHub - let's see:
- The new GitHub Issues – September 27th update
- More incremental improvements to community contributions
- Enterprise fork policies for organizations
- GitHub Actions: Dynamic names for workflow runs
- GitHub Actions: Self-hosted runners now support Windows ARM hardware
- GitHub Actions: Additional information available in github.event payload for scheduled workflow runs
- Implement SBOM with GitHub Actions
- Improvements to audit log search
- Best practices on rolling out code scanning at enterprise scale
- GitHub for Startups is generally available
A bit off-topic, but certainly worth sharing: GitHub supports internet freedom and global availability in Iran
Interested in some new from the broader Microsoft ecosystem? Then here are some links for you:
- My current favorite .. azd: Introducing the Azure Developer CLI (azd) | Azure Friday
Now let's enter the twilight zone (no worries the ninja cat is with us) between SAP and Microsoft and see the magic happening when we combine both worlds:
- Your SAP on Azure – Part 29 – The CDC Connector in Azure Data Factory
- SAP on Azure Video Podcast #112 - The one with SAP on DB2 (Peter Kalan)
We always want to learn, so here are some links to some interesting learning resources and upcoming events:
- 10 Famous GitHub Repositories That Will Make You a Better Developer. - a Twitter thread
- Event Storming - what it is and why you should use it with Domain-Driven Design
And heads up for upcoming events:
Unfortunately Golo has issues with his voice 🤒(see tweet) - best wished and get well soon!
Last but not least, some links that might make our developer live easier and reflect on our profession:
- First things first: NDC Keynote: Managing the Burnout Burndown - Anjuan Simmons
- Building the future of the command line
- Hosting Online Tech Conference for the First Time in My Life
And with this enjoy your weekend and have a successful next week!