It's been pretty quiet on the React front this week, but we've still got a few nice articles to read.
On the React-Native side, Marc Rousavy is on fire, publishing a number of packages that seem to herald the imminent arrival of VisionCamera v3.
I'm taking a short break next week, so I'll see you on 6 September 👋
💡 Subscribe to the official newsletter to receive an email every week!
Managing or migrating large apps and codebases? This video course covers what you need to know to scale efficiently whilst maintaining code quality. Covers unit testing, CI pipelines, mocking, code coverage, and more.
A quite technical but greatly educational article that study the React codebase. Explains well how
startTransition works and how it differs from the synchronous rendering mode. I learned how React uses the
MessageChannel API recursively to periodically hand over to the main thread.
- 💸 Zero To Shipped - Master Fast-Paced Fullstack Development and Finally ship that product
- 🐦 Is Gatsby Dead?: not officially, but its future does not look super promising.
- 🎮 React Jam - Summer 2023 Winners: the React-based video games creation challenge for which I was a member of the jury, just announced the winners.
- 📜 Implement Radix's asChild pattern in React: explains how the
asChildpattern, popularised by Radix, works as a good alternative to the
asprops for customising the underlying component.
- 📜 A11y-Driven Development: interesting proposal to split and name React components according to their accessibility role.
- 📜 React Suspense in three different architectures: presents 4 different
<Suspense>use cases for 3 different architectures (CSR, SSR, RSC).
- 📜 How to solve hydration error in Next.js: highlights some common problems that can lead to hydration problems, such as using browser APIs like
localStorageto initialise your state, or using an invalid HTML markup.
- 📜 Using PostHog with the Next.js App Router and Vercel
- 📜 useMemo overdose
- 📦 RSC Devtools - Chrome Extension: the unofficial extension is now available in the Chrome store. It lets you navigate and analyse a timeline of RSC payloads over time. Read the article Devtools for React Server Components for details.
- 📦 Fresh 1.4 – Faster Page Loads, Layouts and More
- 📦 TinyBase 4.1 - New ui-react-dom module
- 📦 NextUI 2.1 - Select, Listbox, ScrollShadow
- 📦 React-Redux 9.0 alpha
- 🎥 tRPC + NextJS App Router = Simple Typesafe APIs
- 🎥 Remotion Lambda - Tutorial Playlist
- 🎥 React Query is Secretly an Amazing State Manager
Porkbun offers hundreds of domain extensions for React and React-Native developers from .dev and .app to .cloud, .xyz, and .ai — all at the lowest prices around! Every domain name at Porkbun comes with tons of free features like:
- SSL Certificates
- WHOIS Privacy
- URL Forwarding
- Web and Email Hosting Trials
Check out our AI Generated Search tool that’s changing the way people look for domain names. All this is backed by incredible support 365 days a year plus thousands of real five-star reviews on Trustpilot.
Click the link and get $1 off your next domain name registration at Porkbun.com!
- 💬 React-Native RFC - Autolinking local modules: proposes to make it easier to create local native modules, in a
local_modulesfolder, using the
- 💬 React-Native-Testing-Library RFC - Jest Native matchers migration
- 🐦 The top 100 Sports apps in the Apple App Store - React-Native 33/100
- 👀 Expo Preview - Static Font Optimization with Expo Router
- 📜 Simplify Your iOS Brownfield Integration with React Native Host
- 📦 react-native-worklets-core: a standalone worklet runner, inspired by the one in Reanimated 2+, and designed to be used by various libraries such as VisionCamera, WishList and Skia.
- 📦 react-native-fast-tflite - High-performance TensorFlow Lite with GPU acceleration
- 📦 react-native-bootsplash 5.0.0 - Dark mode, Brand image, Web support...
- 📦 clean-rn - Clean all React Native caches
- 🎥 Instagram Stickers - “Can it be done in React Native?”
- 🎥 Flutter vs React Native and Reanimated with @Reactiive
- 🎙️ React Native Radio 273 - Gluestack with Sanket Sahu
- 👥 React Native EU 2023 (Wrocław, September 7–8, 2023) is offering us -15% on conference tickets with code "thisweekinreact15".
- 👀 Upcoming Node 20.6 - built-in .env file support
- 🐦 requestIdleCallback coming to Safari and soon in every browser?
T: Which is better?
- 📜 Shadow DOM: Not by Default
- 📜 Four new CSS features for smooth entry and exit animations
- 📜 The ideal viewport doesn’t exist
- 📜 TypeScript is Surprisingly OK for Compilers
- 📦 Chrome 117 Beta
See ya! 👋