Another week, another newsletter. Let's get to it!
Around the Web
- Josh W. Comeau always has great content and his latest post An Interactive Guide to CSS Grid does not disappoint.
- Playwright 1.4.0 was released recently. The test generator has gotten some solid improvements, including the ability to generate assertions. Solid stuff peeps!
- TypeScript 5.3 was released this week! There are many improvements, including type narrowing for switch(true). Thanks for the explainer video, Matt Pocock!
- 3d scene spanning multiple windows using three.js and localStorage is so cool! Hat tip to Addy Osmani for the share on LinkedIn!
Santosh Yadav (@santoshyadavdev) joined me on my live stream this week to discuss and live code all things Angular. One thing that stood out for me with Angular was the upgrade tooling and the new stuff that's dropped in Angular 17.
Thanks again for hanging, Santosh!
My latest blog post, TypeScript: Infer Types to Avoid Explicit Types, dropped this week. If you're new to TypeScript, or even if you aren't, you may find it helpful.
Although it was a shorter week for me, I continued to work on OpenSauced in public on Twitch.I've really been enjoying it. Here's a clip from this past Friday.
Come hang weekdays at 2 pm UTC!
- Not a job posting, but here are some practical tips (even some that should be obvious), but the video I LOOKED at 1200 APPLICATIONS.... 99% SUCKED is worth a watch. Thanks for the video, James Perkins!
I post jobs in the iamdeveloper.com community, plus all other kinds of content, as do others. If you're looking for another friendly nook of the internet, head to discord.iamdeveloper.com.
That's a wrap! Until the next one.