NOTE: This is issue #082 of my newsletter, which went live on Monday, November 7th. If you find this information useful and interesting and you want to receive future issues as they are published, ahead of everyone else, I invite you to join the subscriber list at frontendnexus.com.
It has been a quiet week in the industry. We got the monthly roundup of changes to the web platform. On the release radar, we have TypeScript 4.9 RC, Ember Security Releases, a lot of Node updates, Jasmine 4.5, and more. And to compensate for the lack of news, I'm adding a selection of icons, illustrations, and other useful resources.
Rachel Andrew continues her monthly roundup of the main additions to the web platform. We got stable releases from Firefox 106, Chrome 107, and Safari 16.1. The animation of grid tracks is now supported on all major browsers. Other features include additions to
getDisplayMedia(), Web Push for Safari, and more.
- Docusaurus 2.2 - Easy to maintain open source documentation websites
- Ember Security Releases: 4.8.1, 4.4.4, 3.28.10, 3.24.7 -
- FoalTS 3.0 - Full-featured Node.js framework
- React-Toastify v9.1.0 - React notification made easy
- Redux Toolkit v1.9.0 - The official toolset for efficient Redux development
- Vuestic UI v1.5.0 - Free and Open Source UI Library for Vue 3
- Vuetify 3.0 - Material Component Framework for Vue
- 3D Bay - Free 3D Images
- Bio Icons - high quality science illustrations
- Boring Avatars - Avatar generator playground
- Flagpack - open source flag icons
- GraphicSurf - Free Vector Images & Graphics: Patterns, Illustrations, Icons
- Health Icons - Free, open source health icons
- Iconic - Free pixel-perfect icons
- Mesh Gradients - Hand-Curated Mesh Gradient Collection
- OpenMoji - Open-source emojis for designers, developers, and everyone else!
- Open Peeps - A hand-drawn illustration library
- Weather Icons - weather themed icon font
- Website Metadata - Preview website metadata from the web!
There's more where that came from. Explore the rest of the Front End Resource collection.
Ukraine is still suffering from the Russian invasion - if you are looking for ways to help, please check Smashing Magazine's article We All Are Ukraine 🇺🇦 or get in touch with your trusted charity.
If you enjoyed this newsletter, there are a couple of ways to support it:
- 📢 share the link to this issue on social media
- ❤️ follow this newsletter on Twitter
- ☕ buy me a coffee
Each of these helps me out, and I would appreciate your consideration.
That's all I have for this issue. Have a great and productive week, keep yourselves safe, spend as much time as possible with your loved ones, and I will see you again next time!