NOTE: This is issue #076 of my newsletter, which went live on Monday, September 26th. If you find this information useful and interesting and you want to receive future issues as they are published, ahead of everyone else, I invite you to join the subscriber list at frontendnexus.com.
Interop 2023 is starting to take shape with the call for proposals. In browser news, we are getting fresh updates with Firefox 105, Safari Technology Preview 154, and Wolvic 1.1. The software releases include Electron 20.2, many Node versions (both LTS and current), TypeScript 4.9 Beta, and more. And everything is topped with a hand-picked set of utilities and other useful resources.
The web development industry is glad the browser vendors got together to iron out the main pain points of inter-browser compatibility. This process has been going strong for two years, and we're preparing for the third one in a row.
You are invited to submit your proposals for Interop 2023. Are you annoyed by something working differently from one browser to another? Can you document your case properly? You have until October 15 to submit a proposal. And your problem might soon be solved in all modern browsers.
Firefox 105 rolled out on September 20. This update brings better stability in low-memory situations, support for the Offscreen Canvas DOM API, various security fixes, and more.
A new version of the Safari Technology Preview is available. This update brings a long list of changes, but nothing spectacular caught my attention.
Wolvic is a very niche browser, but its very existence is a great thing in a market where Chromium browsers are dominating. This update brings a major upgrade of the Gecko engine and some new features such as Kiosk mode and PushKit support.
- DOCX 7.5 - generate .docx files with JS/TS
Linkify 4.0 - find links in plain-text and convert them to HTML
- Mantine 5.4 - Extensive React component library
- Stylelint 14.12.0 - helps you avoid errors and enforce conventions in your styles
- TinyBase 2.0 - a tiny library for structuring app state
- ws 8.9 - WebSocket client and server for Node.js
- CopySymbol - a copy-and-paste special character library
- EZCV - Turn text into a beautiful resume in seconds
- Gradientify - Find the Perfect gradient for your next projects
- JSON Crack - Seamlessly visualize your JSON data instantly into graphs
- Palette - a vibrant AI colorizer app
- Simple Icons - Free SVG icons for popular brands
- Tylify - Create seamless patterns for free
There's more where that came from. Explore the rest of the Front End Resource collection.
Ukraine is still suffering from the Russian invasion - if you are looking for ways to help, please check Smashing Magazine's article We All Are Ukraine 🇺🇦 or get in touch with your trusted charity.
If you enjoyed this newsletter, there are a couple of ways to support it:
- 📢 share the link to this issue on social media
- ❤️ follow this newsletter on Twitter
- ☕ buy me a coffee
Each of these helps me out, and I would appreciate your consideration.
That's all I have for this issue. Have a great and productive week, keep yourselves safe, spend as much time as possible with your loved ones, and I will see you again next time!