CS Level Up Series (29 Part Series)
- How to design a skip iterator
- Java's Iterator reference
- C#'s IEnumerator reference
- Wikipedia article on iterators
- Iterators allow us to traverse and access elements in collections without the use of indexing.
- Iterators expose a consistent way to traverse all types of data structures, making the code more resilient to change.
- Iterators can allow the underlying collection to be modified during traversal, unlike when using indexing to iterate over a collection (like using a for loop on an array). This can mean insertion/deletion of items during traversal.
- Iterators exist in many languages, in C# they are called enumerators.
- Time & Space complexity in the code comments
Below you will find a class that takes an enumerator in it's constructor and extends the basic functionality of an iterator with the addition of
As always, if you found any errors in this post please let me know!
Claim your page on DEV before someone else does
Level up every day