Theme of the week:
Should community managers know how to babysit?
Community management sometimes feels a lot like babysitting to Alex Angel.
She is the Chief Community Officer at Commsor and she joined our podcast to discuss community management and what community managers do all day. Spoiler: never a day is the same.
We also talked about:
- What counts as a “community”?
- Why do people join communities and what do they expect?
- What drives engagement in a community?
- What’s a community manager’s role?
- How does a community manager’s daily life look like?
- Which are the characteristics of a good community manager?
- How are developer communities different from non-developer communities?
- What is the business value of communities?
- How do we measure success?
- What’s a community success story that stands out to her?
- How will communities evolve in the future?
Listen to this episode to better community managers.
Let’s talk Data!
This is the graph we discuss with Alex: Information sources used by desktop developers.
You can find the State of the Developer Nation 20th edition free report here and register at the Future Developer Summit.
Alex Angel is a community expert with 10 years of experience in community and product management, transforming, amplifying, and growing engagement, retention, and community health at Reddit and Nike. She focuses on building places and products that people love and is skilled at creating structure from chaos.