Tackling the details more deeply towards topics often neglected the difference between their functions and primary purpose. Somehow, reviewing minor information would make it more understandable and easy to remember.
Here are the difference between the usage of each commands :
- Install dependencies from package.json:
npm install == yarn
- Install a package and add to package.json:
npm install package --save == yarn add package
- Install a devDependency to package.json:
npm install package --save-dev == yarn add package --dev
- Upgrade a package to its latest version:
npm update --save == yarn upgrade
- Install a package globally:
npm install package -g == yarn global add package
- Remove a dependency from package.json:
npm uninstall package --save == yarn remove package
These are some extensions which I think would be helpful to make your coding more interactive.
npx cowsay hello Ok to proceed? (y) y _______ < hello > ------- \ ^__^ \ (oo)\_______ (__)\ )\/\ ||----w | || ||
Stay in touch with me along with my coding journey. Don't hesitate to reach out and let's venture together!