To check how to add files to different storage classes.
- Open the bucket we have been working on
- Upload a new file.
- Scroll down and open properties. It will show you all the different storage classes in S3.
- Let us update the file in one zone IA.
We have uploaded the S3 object in a different storage class.
If you don't want to do this manually S3 also has an option of changing all this automatically.
- To do this open management tab in S3 bucket. Click on create lifecycle rule.
- Give a rule name. Select to which objects you want to apply this rule via prefix or you can select the entire bucket. I'll select the entire bucket
- Then we will have different lifecycle rule options. Like transitioning the current object into infrequent access after 30 days. And after 60 days added to glacier.
- S3 will show you a time line summary.
- Click on create rule. This way we can automate our object transitions into various tiers.
With this we have completed our S3 series. Next I will work on databases.