📩 We're sharing our most recent developer digest here on DEV! If you're interested in subscribing to monthly developer updates, sign up here.
Tap to Pay on Android is now generally available in the US, the UK, and Singapore, and it’s in beta in all other Terminal markets . With Tap to Pay you can accept in-person payments with a compatible iPhone or Android device and the Stripe Terminal SDK using React Native, Java, Kotlin, Swift, or Objective-C—no extra hardware required. It’s ideal if you’re looking to offer contactless payments in more places. Check out our video and blog tutorial to get started with Android.
Customer portal adds deep links: You can now help your users navigate desired actions, like updating their subscription or payment method, in the customer portal with deep links .
Stripe Apps install links: Stripe Apps added install links to provide an option for installation outside the Stripe App Marketplace. Use this OAuth-like experience to keep users within your site or app with redirect and state handling.
Cash App Pay payment method: Businesses in the United States can now accept one-time and recurring payments with digital wallet Cash App Pay .
Sigma supports metadata queries for Billing tables: Sigma now includes the ability to query Billing metadata for subscription schedules, schedule phases, subscription items, and schedule phase items.
Issuing can be tried in test mode: In the US, the UK, and European Economic Area, you can now try Issuing in test mode for physical and virtual card programs.
- Dive into the Stripe payments object: Understand the role and capabilities of the Stripe payments object which facilitates payments.
- Build a Next.js membership site: Follow a step-by-step guide for a membership app using Amplify, Stripe, and Next.js.
- Stripe Checkout speed run: Watch a tutorial on setting up Stripe Checkout in under five minutes with Ruby.
- Take the Svelte-stripe online course: Josh Nussbaum from svelte-stripe has launched an online course on creating a SaaS with SvelteKit .
- Create a shopping cart with Laravel Cashier and Vue: See how to build a shopping cart using Laravel Cashier and Vue .
- Integrate Stripe in Ionic Vue JS App: Learn how to integrate Stripe into an Ionic Vue JS app using Capacitor and NodeJS.
- Create GraphQL checkout sessions with edge resolvers: Discover how to integrate the Stripe SDK with edge resolvers and Grafbase to have a unified GraphQL API.
- Capacitor-stripe v4.2.0: The latest release of Capacitor-stripe introduces native support for Stripe Identity.
- Flutter Stripe v9.0.0 and 9.2.0: Flutter Stripe has released version 9.0.0, which includes better support for tap-to-pay cards and Apple Watch.
- Laravel Cashier Stripe v14.12.2: The latest version of Laravel Cashier Stripe , v14.12.2, focuses on improving the handling of the “payment_method.automatically_updated” webhook.
- Pay for Ruby on Rails: Pay , a payments engine for Ruby on Rails, has made it easier to build custom webhooks.
- Stripe payment flow diagram tool: Erasure’s DiagramGPT is a neat tool that can generate API diagrams from code, like Stripe’s payment flow documentation.
💬 Follow us at @StripeDev on Twitter for updates and answers to your developer questions. Let us know what you’re working on with the Stripe API.
👾 Join the Stripe Discord server to chat live with other developers.
📺 Subscribe to Stripe Developers on YouTube for office hours, live streams, and online technical workshops.
📚 Add us on DEV for how-to articles and past editions of this developer digest.
📥 Submit dev content for the developer digest.
What would you like to see more (or less) of? Let us know by replying to this email. If you have questions or comments, or need help with code, we’re here to help via email , or on Discord , Twitter , and Stack Overflow . View our code samples on GitHub.
— The Stripe team