Instead of performing manual updates to the DOM, which can be repetitive and error prone (think jQuery), Vue embraces the idea of "data-driven views," where changes in data drive changes in the DOM.
This idea forms the core of Vue.js: a reactive data-binding system that is designed to make it extremely simple to keep your data and the DOM in sync.
- Component-oriented development style with tooling support
- Lean and extensible core
- Flexible transition effect system
- Fast performance out of the box, without the need for complex optimization
2.0 also includes:
- The option to write components using virtual DOM
- Server side rendering
- The option to use JSX with components
Vue 3.0 is currently in development, and includes some notable changes and improvements detailed here on VueJS.org.