So I was on Streamyard trying it out, and saw it had a countdown timer. Come to think of it, I also noticed other livestreams with a countdown timer. The one on Streamyard counts down and switches automatically to the host.
I was curious and had a look online on how to create my own timer for my Youtube Streams (currently just for PyLadies Dublin). And I found the following video:
And ticked all my boxes:
- No need to download plugins
- Load up a script already part of OBS
And the video was easy to follow the steps and yeah, it worked!
- Open OBS
- Create a new scene for your streaming countdown
- Add your image source as background
- Add new text source like “Streaming starts in…”
- Add another new text source called “Timer text” and name it “timer”
- Go to menu on toolbar and open Tools > Scripts
- Click on the “+” and click and add file called “countdown.lua”
- Then set your duration time (mins only)
- Once you are happy, hit close button
- Load up the scene and the countdown starts! 🙌