What's up gals/guys !! Here I am with another post continuing the self-taught developer series.
In this section We will be answering "Is it good to be a Self Taught Developer ?". I said "WE" because I want you guys/gals to participate in the discussion 😊😉.
The upcoming points in this article are only my opinions and experiences, nothing more than that. All of you can also share your opinions in comment section.
To get answer of any question like this one, the best thing I do is list out advantages and drawbacks of the topic. SO lets do it.
Yup! things ain't easy when you are on your own. Still teaching myself:
- Gave me sense of time.
- Made me realize importance is discipline cuz that's what you need to be consistent.
- Made me realize importance of consistency.
- Feels like its never enough, and that my friend boosts your growth.(if taken positively 😅😅)
- Most importantly Made me responsible for everything thing I type and everything I do.
Consistency can make you way more skillful than intensity ever would.
keep that fire lite everyday with same intensity.
Even if it has so many advantages it also has its own drawbacks:
- Lack of friends.
- Lack of huge network.
- Lack of gals/guys who could help you out of any errors.
While these disadvantages may not seem severe at first glance, self-taught developers lack skills in communication and cooperation because of these minor disadvantages.
I thought communication shouldn't be a problem, anyone could do it but naahh, it's not as simple as it seems.
Communication is a very huge part of your job, because
- It is one of the most important skill which will get you a job
- Which will make other person think you are really confident of what you are speaking,
- Which will make you different for others cuz not everyone has good communication skill.
Damn now it feels the disadvantages are really huge!
Never be afraid to reinvent yourself
Even tough communication is a huge issue among most of the self-taught developers, it can be improved gradually.
There is nothing that can be learnt or improved.
Obviously some of the initial attempts might make you feel nervous ,you might start shaking when you have to talk for a long time or the adrenaline levels of body rises but that should not make you weak.
You keep trying and you get good at it, that's human nature of learning things in this way.
Think back to the first time you rode a bike and compare it to today. You can do this unconsciously now because of how good you are at riding a bike.
That's how you can overcome any drawbacks. So finally I conclude
that you should be good at all your skills and then you will be good to go!!
Stay tuned for the next post on the third part of the series.
The discussion must go on!! 😉
Stay happy, Keep your surroundings clean,
Signing off Meet Bhalodiya,