Managing different open source tools with Kubernetes is not an easy task. Because these tools interact and do not manage various aspects of the application lifecycle such as security, cost, observability, stabilization, and CI / CD.
The Devtron was introduced to provide a unified interface and seamless experience that is separate and integrated with a variety of popular open source tools throughout its life cycle.
In addition to this, it also focus on the user experience by providing a self-service model that can handle security, cost, and stability in a unified way.
The various open source tools included in the Devtron are:
A tool that helps Kubernetes clusters stay in sync with configuration sources such as Git repositories.
Monitoring and notification system.
An event-driven automatic scaler based on Kubernetes that works with HPA.
Allows you to query, visualize and understand metrics through beautiful dashboards.
A tool that helps Kubernetes run workflows and run GitOps properly.
A tool for scanning application containers such as Docker for vulnerabilities.
A set of tools to create a data management platform that enables monitoring, logging, observability, and analysis.
Package manager for Kubernetes applications.
The features of Devtron are:
- A workflow that helps you manage Kubernetes, testing, and other operations without writing scripts.
- Reusable and connected components make it easy to create and manage workflows.
With a single Devtron setup, you can deploy your applications and workflows to multiple cloud platforms and multiple Kubernetes clusters on-premises.
- It provides layered security through global, cluster, environment, and application-level policies.
- It also defines Kubernetes resource and event policies and exceptions.
- It comes with an operation-controlled security policy.
- Provides application metrics such as CPU, RAM, HTTP status code, latency comparison, etc.
- Secure access to all manifests.
- Advanced logging with grep and JSON search.
- Intelligent correlation between events and logs for faster problem resolution.
- Kubernetes events are easy to see.
- Automatic Problem Detection.
- Provides fine-grained access control who can expand and edit the configuration.
- Generate audit logs.
- Recording and history of all CI / CD events.
- Provides details about Kubernetes and cloud events and their impact on applications.
- Build and protect your deployment pipeline by providing advanced workflow guidelines such as branch environment relationships.
- Simplifies GitOps via API and UI without going through GitCLI.
- Backup Postgres to facilitate analysis and enforcement of more access controls than Git.
- Generates an audit log to identify the cause of the error.
- Deployment metrics to measure the success and failure of an agile process by capturing MTTR and quickly capturing error rates, deployment frequency, and deployment size.
- Monitor deployment changes and easily roll back if needed.
- Resource optimization by HPA.
- Manage idle resources to optimize your cluster.
- Complete insight into the cost of clusters, environments, and applications.
Gratitude for perusing my article till end. I hope you realized something unique today. If you enjoyed this article then please share to your buddies and if you have suggestions or thoughts to share with me then please write in the comment box.
The above blog is submitted as part of 'Devtron Blogathon 2022' - https://devtron.ai/
Check out Devtron's GitHub repo - https://github.com/devtron-labs/devtron/ and give a ⭐ to show your love & support.
Follow Devtron on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/devtron-labs/ and Twitter - https://twitter.com/DevtronL/, to keep yourself updated on this Open Source project.