You can read this in my personal blog
It's finished? No, it is not. It is cool? You good damn right (at least I enjoyed making and playing the microgame).
The game jam was tough. I've learned a lot and got passionate with game dev. It's my first game that I made by myself. The result of the game jam isn't that good, but I'm proud of it.
In the middle of the jam I got sick and couldn't code till I get bether, so for some days I didn't code at all :(
The final days was insane. I've code a lot and try to fix some bugs, but in programming code = new bugs.
First, let's get to the results. You can play Survive the night on itch.
What the game has:
- A player with animations for: running, idle and attack.
- A monster (Treant) with animations for: running, iddle and death.
- Pathfinder for the Treant can find and run to the Player
- Health bar for the Treant.
The game is simple for now. If you kill the treant, the game ends.
I got so happy with the results that even when it's finished I started coding to improve the game.
- Spawn for Treants
- Adjust the ground layout. Because it doesn't fit the collor pallet and doesn't look natural.
- Add a combat system for the Treants
- Maybe add more creatures, but this would be made by me
- Add a bonfire
- Add light to the bonfire
- Logo for the Survive the night
- End screen when you win or loose.
- Intial start game screen with the main character and the bonfire just vibing
This the features that I want to add for the next release.
Don't forget to eat clean and drink water.