It's been a weird old week in the UK again as we plunge further into another fortnight of uncertainty, however I've had some really good experiences. My daughter turned 8 years old on Friday and we had a fun shopping trip, with a pause in a great american diner. I'm enjoying watching her grow up and become her own character, and she's showing interest in my work so I'll be hoping to try out some coding with her soon.
I also ventured to Southampton to the Developer South Coast event where Lee Mallon talked about ML.Net. I've not had the chance to look into this exciting technology at all but have a much better understanding of it now and would recommend you check out his NDC video on ML.Net.
After the previous week I admit I found going into this one a little daunting. I did wonder how I was going to get through 7hrs and 22mins of content in a week, but I did it! One thing I have noticed with this course is that the instructors tend to speak at a slower pace and turning up the video speed to around 1.4 made the experience much better. I found I was able to take in more information and engage better.
I'm still finding the subject of Python interesting and I'm starting to realise that I'm going to need to write something to apply what I've learned so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Right now I'm just considering rewriting some of my older APIs in Flask so I get some practical use of the language.
Each week I'll post 10-20 links that I've found the most interesting from technology blogs, reddit and other parts of the Internet.
The best tips I enjoyed reading were from the article 'Team Room Problems: 5 Signs of a Toxic Code Review Culture'.
I'm fortunate where I work. My peers are really constructive in code reviews and we have a culture of helping one another improve. Even if some of that comes with well aimed japes... No I'm not grinding my teeth.
Check out some other articles I've found interesting below:
- Facebook Stored Hundreds of Millions of User Passwords in Plain Text for Years - https://ift.tt/2HIs6x8
- Microsoft Launches Public Preview of Windows Virtual Desktop - https://ift.tt/2Fiw2SB
- Microsoft Shares a Few More Details about xCloud at GDC - https://ift.tt/2WeW007
- Microsoft Watches GitHub Commits for Azure Secrets - https://ift.tt/2CAIyfD
- How the Guardian Went Digital - https://ift.tt/2ubC95Y
- Visual Studio Subscriptions everything you need for Azure development - https://ift.tt/2TX2F1u
- Demystifying HttpClient Internals: HttpRequestMessage A look at the internals of HttpRequestMessage - https://ift.tt/2HFNPG5
- Memory and Span pt.1 - https://ift.tt/2Y9Ya2I
- Supercharging your Web APIs with OData and ASP.NET Core - https://ift.tt/2HwLKNj
- Simplifying your environment setup while meeting compliance needs with built-in Azure Blueprints - https://ift.tt/2CuMu1C
- Hosting ASP.NET Core behind https in Google Kubernetes Engine - https://ift.tt/2u9Aqyb
- Async Streams with C# 8 - https://ift.tt/2W5N3pU
- Perfect console application in .net Core: set up dependency injection - https://ift.tt/2JqGj4j