We often hear these questions from our potential customers [Entrepreneurs] - How can we create a ridesharing app like Uber, Grab? and how much does it cost to create one?
And we thought you guys must have these questions on your mind too.
So we decided to create an article answering all their queries.
Why wait? Let's get started.
So first things first.
The answer is - People love getting services instantly, and they don't have much time waiting to get their needs done.
Consider Uber - The Ridesharing Market Giant.
Uber had total bookings of $57 billion in the year 2020 alone. It is real-time evidence of the success of instant / on-demand taxi services.
But, Uber is a big company, how can I be successful? - You may ask.
Here's a thing - "All great things are done by taking that first step."
- Have a clear business plan
- Identify your market
- Analyze your customers paint points
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Then, scale your business
You'll be successful in any business if you are passionate and patient.
Before diving into the taxi app development process, let's discuss some basics.
- How many applications do you need to start and manage your business?
- Features to be incorporated
- 5 Uber-like app development stages
- Finally, cost and a perfect solution to create an app like Uber, Grab.
2 Mobile applications + an Admin panel.
- Customers app [iOS and Android]
- Drivers app [iOS and Android]
- Admin panel [Web]
The Admin panel is for you [the owner of the platform] to manage the business operations at ease.
Okay, now you know the basic details, let's get it to the features you need in your Uber-like app.
Here're some of the crucial features that should be present in your customers' app,
- Simple registration process
- Ride fare estimation
- Secure transaction
- SOS assistance
- Ride scheduling
- In-app chat
Here're some of the best features that your drivers can use in your application,
- Easy registration
- Document verification
- Payout addition
- Route optimization
- Active/Inactive status
- In-app chat
Features of the admin panel help you manage the business operations effectively.
- Sub-admins management
- Driver and customers management
- Transactions management
- Bookings management
- Vehicle category addition and removal
- Identify your target market and create a strong business plan.
- Choose the best taxi app development company.
- Choose a technology on which you want to create your app.
- Share your idea and sign an NDA.
- Develop and test your taxi app.
- Publish your app on App Store and Play Store.
We've seen the application count, the features, the development stages, etc.
Now's the time to get into the real development process of Uber, Grab-like taxi apps.
Developing an app like Uber from scratch takes up to 5 to 6 months, and it'll cost you around 50 to 70 thousand dollars.
So much money, right?
But can you believe when I say that you can create an app just like Uber within 5000$?
Yesss, it's possible.
Right now, I'm going to show exactly how you can create your own Uber or Grab-like app using a solution that costs you way less than other options available.
We offer a Uber clone app solution - Wooberly that can help you create an app like Uber, Grab, or Lyft with advanced technology like Flutter.