Hey folks 👋 I am Denyse, this series is first chapter I want to write about flutter in the future i'll write more and more cool things about Dart and Flutter we'll spend a little time to take a look into Dart programming languages.
I wanted to jump straight to flutter ... but wait 🤔 I couldn't talk about flutter without talking about dart first
Dart is a programming language designed for client development, such as for web and mobile apps. It is designed by a huge and powerful company ✨ company called Google and also can be used to build server and desktop applications. It is a class-based, garbage-collected language with C-style syntax.
Dart is a client-optimized language for developing fast apps on any platform. Dart was created by Google and first time it appeared was October 10, 2011.
Fun fact about it 😂, first stable version of Dart wasn't 1.0.0, it was 0.8.10-rev.3.29803.
In Dart SDK Tools contain these tools that necessary for development applications:
- DartVM - Dart Virtual Machine.
- dartfmt - Tools formatter dart code
- dartanalyzer - Tools help analyze warning and error code that are specified in dart language. DartPad and IDEs such as Android Studio or VS Code are use the same analysis engine that dartanalyzer provide
- DartDoc - The API documentation generator (using for write package mostly)
- pub - Dart package manager (it's like npm or yarn or pnpm). We can use pub tools for manage Dart packages.
What do we mean by Dart fast apps , here we mean Dart's speed to mean Dart can compile at both Run time(JIT) and Ahead of Time (AOT)
- The JIT means or development mode Flutter provide cools features which are hot-reload and hot-restart 😊 that help you see UI changes when you change on code. With that is lots of tools that help you debug.
- The AOT or release mode your code is compiled to native code for better performance, minimum app size and remove other stuff that useful in dev mode.
Wanna know more about dart? head to Dart documentation and stay tuned to get more updates about flutter and dart ...