Check out this tutorial on how to get data from Apache Kafka into a database using the JDBC Sink. The demo is based on MySQL but the connector works for any common database with a JDBC driver - Oracle, Postgres, MS SQL, DB2, etc etc.
Topics covered (click to go directly to that section):
- Populating some data into a test topic
- Creating the JDBC Sink
- Putting the JDBC driver in the correct place
- JDBC Sink connector in action
- Debugging the JDBC Sink connector
- INSERT vs UPSERT
- Dropping fields, adding metadata
- Evolving the target table schema
- JDBC Sink and schemas
- Working with JSON data and the JDBC Sink
- Applying a schema to JSON data with ksqlDB
- Working with CSV data and the JDBC Sink
You can see the instructions and demo code to try yourself here.
👇 Leave a message in the comments with any suggestions for which Kafka Connect question or connector I should walk through next :)