Ever hit that pesky "SQLException: No suitable driver found…" in Kafka Connect's JDBC connector? You're not alone 😅
Getting this error?
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.10.10.10:1954/MYSERVICE
- Put the JDBC driver in the same folder as the Kafka Connect JDBC plugin.
- Restart the Kafka Connect worker
The tutorial shows how to do it with both a 'bare metal' install of Apache Kafka or Confluent Platform, as well as on Docker.
- Determining the Kafka Connect JDBC plugin folder
- How to find the Kafka Connect worker log
- Viewing the data in Confluent Control Center
- Installing JDBC driver for Kafka Connect running on Docker
- Docker - Installing the JDBC driver at runtime vs baking an image
- Listing installed Kafka Connect plugins
- Using kafkacat to view the topics and data