This video is a talk from Byteconf GraphQL 2020, a free, live-streamed GraphQL conference that aired on January 31st, 2020. Visit our website to sign up for the Byteconf GraphQL "swag bag", a free downloadable resource with everything you need to get started with GraphQL, as well as info about future Byteconf events!
Learn why representing data as a graph is a win when building your API - both for API developers and consumers and especially if you are working with graph data in the data layer, such as with a graph database like Neo4j. In this talk we dive into backend considerations for GraphQL and show how to leverage the power of representing your API data with graph using GraphQL and graph databases on the backend. After this talk you will:
- Understand the basics of GraphQL
- Be able to query a GraphQL API
- Understand how a GraphQL service is built
- Be exposed to some of the tooling in the GraphQL ecosystem, including database and frontend framework integrations
- Learn how to build full-stack applications with GRANDstack
If you enjoyed the video, give it a thumbs-up, and subscribe to our channel for more web dev content every week. We also have a newsletter where we send out what's new and cool in the web development world, every Tuesday – join here!