Hey folks, and welcome to week 5 of this newsletter 🥳
As you might know, KubeCon is happening right now! My first KubeCon — if you are there and/or you would like to chat, let me know, I would love to connect. Let's make the best out of virtual conferences!
Now let's dive into this week's resources.
Let's get started on GitOps
- The term has been defined by Weaveworks in 2017 — here is their overview
- Checkout what GitOps is all about in this video
- What is wrong with GitOps1.0
- A Vision for GitOps2.0
- Get started with ArgoCD to create a temporary preview environment
Small Batches is a great podcast if you are interested in software engineering theory and best practices.
The community that I would like to invite you to this week is not DevOps specific. Eddie built up a super-inclusive community around open source contributions and showing developers how to get started contributing to open-source projects.
Here is the Discord Invitation Link
If you are curious about Eddie's content, have a look at his YouTube channel 🙌🏼
To make sure you are really learning about a topic, either create questions yourself around the topic or look for questions that others have had online. Answering those can manifest your understanding beyond reading about a topic.
Both Quora and Reddit have a vast collection of questions around pretty much any topic. For instance, if I look for "GitOps" in Quora, I get the following 👀
- You can find a collection of all the resources that I list in the DevOps newsletter + additional notes etc. on the public notion page
- We just kicked off our DevOps learning group with the first presentation happening next week. if you would like to join, please either message me on Telegram (@URLICHSANAIS) or on Twitter. I would love to hear from you 🙂
- KubeCon https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america/ Nov 17, 2020 → Nov 20, 2020
- Lowcodetoday https://lowcodetoday.com/ Nov 19, 2020
- AWS re:Invent https://reinvent.awsevents.com Nov 30, 2020 → Dec 18, 2020
- Global SKILup Festival https://devopsinstitute.com/skilup-festival/ Dec 7, 2020 → Dec 11, 2020
- Universe2020 https://githubuniverse.com/ Dec 8, 2020 → Dec 10, 2020
Given that this week's content is focused on GitOps, I thought that the following image, found on Reddit, is a perfect fit: