Remember to breathe.
- Connected dots → Healthier benchmarks for creative culture.
- Think like a man → To the people who told me to “think like a man”. By Jess Vergara.
- Your Black friends are busy → A growing resource for learning and getting informed about anti-racism.
Top stories this week:
- No, Apple is not moving towards neumorphism → By Rubens Cantuni
- Pixel-snapping in icon design → By Helena Zhang
- What the Apple Newton taught us about UX 27 years ago → By Jesse Freeman
- 47 key lessons for UI & UX designers → By Danny Sapio
- A few thoughts on Dribbble designs → By Frank Huang
- A designer’s guide to successful user testing → By Michelle Chiu
- Specialisation is for insects — be curious! → By Michal Malewicz
- 3 ready-to-use templates for your next testing with users → By Slava Shestopalov
“It is an extraordinary truth of my life that I am biologically more than half white, and yet I have no white people in my genealogy in living memory. No. Voluntary. Whiteness. I am more than half white, and none of it was consensual. White Southern men — my ancestors — took what they wanted from women they did not love, over whom they had extraordinary power, and then failed to claim their children.”
- Lights & shadows → To talk about light we have to start in darkness.
- Responsible design → Embed ethical considerations into your process.
- Web dark ages → Notes on the old internet’s design and front-end.
- UI typography → Achieving exceptional typography in your product, by Apple.
- Good service scale → Assessing the quality of your service.
- Human sounds → UI sounds made by humans for humans.
- Quotebacks → Grab and embed snippets of text from the web.
- Whimsical club → A collection of websites that spark joy.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.